The Lord Mayor of Sheffield helped High Hazels Academy celebrate when the school staged its first-ever annual awards ceremony on Friday 7th July.
The Lord Mayor, Councillor Anne Murphy, presented the awards, alongside headteacher Mrs Asma Masqood-Shah, with prizes given across all of the school’s year groups. Those receiving awards were as follows:
In every year group, each of the following accolades were awarded:
- Sports Person of the Year Award
- Talent Award
- Most Improved Achievement in Maths Award
- Most Improved Achievement in Writing Award
- Most Improved Achievement in Reading Award
- Best Behaviour Award
- Outstanding Achievement in Enrichment Award
- Best Role Model of our Core Values Award
- Most Improved Attendance
- Most Improved Punctuality
The awards were followed by a tea party for all children, parents and guests.
Commenting on the event, Mrs Maqsood-Shah said:
“These awards were the ideal opportunity to celebrate the achievements of our pupils, recognizing and rewarding their fantastic efforts, as well as those of our wonderful staff. We are also incredibly grateful to the Lord Mayor for taking the time to join us for what was an excellent event.”