Pupils, parents and staff at Hull Collegiate School are today celebrating five Oxbridge acceptances from a Sixth Form of 42 pupils.
The five pupils are:
- Head Prefect Rajan Kapur who is going to read Spanish at Christchurch College, Oxford.
- Eddie Angel who is going to read Modern and Medieval Languages at Emmanuel College, Cambridge.
- Alex Maynard who is going to read Music at Robinson College, Cambridge.
- Ellie Dobbs who is going to read English at Newnham College, Cambridge.
- Sarah Hess who is going to read History at St. Catharine’s College, Cambridge.
Commenting on the results, Rob Haworth, Headmaster of Hull Collegiate School, said:
"All of our pupils who have received results today have done incredibly well. We have pupils going to Russell Group universities across the country to study Geography, History, Politics, Agricultural Business Management and Medicine. Alongside these we have pupils who have accepted apprenticeships with Barclays Bank and the Greypen Shipping Company. But for five of our Sixth Form to get into Oxbridge is very special and testament to the hard work both of our pupils and staff.
"We are a thriving and close knit school with high aspirations for our pupils so news such as this will inspire everyone. I congratulate every one of our pupils on their success and wish them well for such exciting futures."
Last year only 14 pupils from across the East Riding of Yorkshire had accepted placed at Oxford and Cambridge Universities.