Students and staff at Bacon’s College are celebrating after a strong set of A Level results today – a significant improvement on the previous year.
Across its Sixth Form, the school has seen improved results, with 46% of A Level entries achieving A* to B grades and 78% achieving A* to C. There was also an increase in the number of entries awarded the top grades of A* or A.
In addition to the whole-school improvements, students have also been enjoying strong individual successes, allowing them to take up places at their university of choice.
Top performers include:
- Deniz Aslan: Maths - A*, Further Maths – A, Chemistry – A, Physics – A
- Anthea Thomas: Product Design – A*, Graphics – A*, Art – A
- Gloria Nkuliza: Maths – A*, Physics – A, Chemistry – A
- Peter Mant: Maths – A, Further Maths – A, Physics – A, Computer Science – B
- Lily Palmer: English Language – A, English Literature – A, History – A, Chemistry – B
- Nancy Riley: CTEC Sport – D*D*, CTEC Media – D*D*
- Julia Mansour: Art – A*, Textiles – A, Psychology - B
- Angie La: Maths – A*, Economics – A, Chemistry – B
- Sarah Boukhemma: English Language – A, Media – A; English Literature – B
- Kathryn Oluyinka: English Language – A, BTEC Business – Distinction, Art – B
James Wilson, Principal of Bacon’s College, said:
“These results are testament to the perseverance, ambition and commitment of our students, who I hope can all take pride in their achievements today. Likewise, our staff have worked incredibly hard to ensure that students have all they need to succeed and secure places at the universities of their choice.
“What is particularly pleasing is that, aside from our individual students’ successes, as a school we have seen across the board improvements. This will spur on our younger students as they look to replicate this success in their own studies.”