Students at Lambeth Academy are celebrating today after achieving another impressive set of A Level results.
More than three-quarters (76%) of A Level entries were awarded A*-C grades, whilst a gratifying 45% of A Levels and equivalents achieved A* or A. Within this, over a fifth (22%) of A Level and equivalent entries were graded at A*, representing a huge upward leap on last year’s results.
Jan Shadick, Principal of Lambeth Academy, said:
'I am delighted for our Sixth Formers who are celebrating today, each of whom has been rewarded for their hard work. As a result, they will be able to take up good places at universities across the country. For staff, there is a real sense of achievement in seeing students they have known since Year 7 receive results that are testament to their hard work and aspirations.'
Amongst the school’s overall achievements, some key individual successes emerged, including:
- Gurveen Khurana, who gained an A in maths, A in Portuguese and B in chemistry and moves on to prestigious Imperial College London to read physics;
- Sikanada Mehdizada, who will be studying maths at Bath University with an A* and 2 Bs, including an outstanding maths grade;
- Francesca Crittell, who achieved an A* in psychology, A in history and B in geography, and will now go on to study psychology at Keele University;
- Claudio Pereira, who secured a sports management place at Lougborough University with a triple distinction star in sports fitness coaching;
- Encouraging signs for the future from next year’s Head Boy, Calvin Chen, who achieved 2 As and a B at AS Level.