Staff and students at Paddington Academy are today celebrating another strong set of results for its Sixth Form including an 100% success rate at A Level and equivalent.
Over half of the results were awarded the A*-B grades which are so important for university access and 20% of A Level entries achieved A*-A for the third consecutive year.
Today’s results mean that the academy is celebrating its highest number of university offers ever.
The Sixth Form has grown significantly over the last four years and this year’s cohort was the largest ever with 143 students. There has been a steady increase in the number of A Level entries, whilst at the same time maintaining high grade standards in terms of outcomes for students.
83% of all BTEC entries were Distinction or Distinction*, which represents the academy’s highest performance ever in these qualifications which include subjects ranging from Applied Science to Business.
Top performers included:
- Karolina Kajczuk: A*A*A* (Psychology, Religious Studies and Sociology) will read Psychology at UCL;
- Ali Abo-Ragheef: A*A*A* (Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics) will take a gap year before applying to University;
- Eman Rashidy: A*A*A (Mathematics, Psychology and Further Mathematics) will read Mathematics at Bath University;
- Samy Radwan: A*A*AB (Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics and Further Mathematics) is still deciding which of his university offers to accept;
- Zaki Abdul: A*AAA (Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Further Mathematics) will read Chemical Engineering at Bath University;
- Ayman Ahmed: A*AA (Mathematics, Chemistry and Economics) will read Economics at UCL.
Offering them his congratulations, Peter Jones, Principal at Paddington Academy, said:
“Everyone in the academy will be delighted for those students celebrating today. Over the past ten years we have created a Sixth Form that bursts with talent and opportunity and which our younger students aspire to join.
“Success in the Sixth Form is vital in opening the doors to the careers and professions that our students want and deserve for their adult lives. Each year we are increasing the number of our students that go on to higher performing universities; many are the first in their families to go to university and we are very proud of their achievement.
“I’d also like to thank our staff for the excellent work they do in encouraging our sixth formers to reach their potential. Their enthusiasm and commitment has a remarkable impact on our students and keeps them motivated and driven towards to achieving the best grades they can.
“For staff at the academy, it is always particularly lovely to see students we have known since Year 7 complete their school careers and go on to excellent universities. In an increasingly competitive university and job market, it is very reassuring to know that our students have the qualifications and determination needed to be successful.