Students secure places at top universities including Oxford, University College London, London School of Economics and Sussex University
Sixth Form students at Shoreham Academy are today celebrating yet another year of record breaking results, achieving more A and A* grades than ever.
More students than ever will also be going to top institutions, in particular the best ‘Russell Group’ universities, bucking the national trend in a year that has seen fewer students applying to university.
Of all exams achieved by students graduating from Sixth Form, 39% were A*/ A grades, a 7% increase from last year, with 76% A* to C grades across all entries.
The Academy’s Sixth Form has also seen some excellent individual successes, including:
- Kiera Shaw, who achieved three As in French, English and History, and will read French and Linguistics at Oxford University.
- Aisha Riaz, who achieved A* in History, A in Philosophy and B in Politics, and is going to read History at University College London (UCL).
- Chantal Ewins, who achieved straight As in Biology, Geography and Psychology, and will be studying Bio-Medical Science at Surrey University.
- Cassandra Uthoff, who achieved A* in Biology, A in Mathematics and B in History, and will be taking her place at Sussex University to study biology.
- Samir Shad, who achieved an A* in Geography, A in Media studies, A Sociology and B in English, and will be studying Geography at Sussex University.
- Shamira Begum, who achieved Distinction * BTEC Applied Science, A* in Philosophy & Ethics and C in Psychology, and will be taking her place at the London School of Economics (LSE) to study Sociology.
- Connie Mace & Maisie Kennard, who both achieved triple Distinction* in Dance and C in PE, and will continue to work together taking up dance at Chichester University.
Jim Coupe, Principal of Shoreham Academy, said:
“This year’s results are testament to the dedication and focus of our students; yet again, they have secured places at some of the UK’s best universities, including Oxbridge and Russell Group institutions. I am extremely proud of what they have each managed to achieve during their time at Shoreham Academy and wish them all the very best for their bright futures ahead.
“I would also like to thank staff at the academy for the invaluable support, nurture and challenge they provide our students. We really do strive to draw out the individual talents and interests of every student and so I am pleased to see students excelling across a broad range of disciplines.”
Kieran Felton, Head of Sixth Form, said:
“Sixth Formers and staff at Shoreham Academy have done it again! As well as these excellent results these students are kind, proactive and have a real sense of wanting to make a positive difference to others as they embark on the next phase of their lives.”