Students secure places at Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard
Sixth Form students at Shoreham Academy are today celebrating yet another year of record breaking results, achieving improved results for a fifth consecutive year.
Of all grades achieved by students graduating from Sixth Form, 51% were A* to B grades, with 78% of students achieving A* to C.
In addition to its improving results, the academy’s Sixth Form has also seen some remarkable individual successes, including:
- Matt Randall, who achieved a total of 3 A levels with 2 A*s in English and Maths and an A in Physics, with an A* in his extended project. Matt is going to read Earth Sciences at Edmond Hall at Oxford University.
- Spencer Pescod achieved a total of 3 A*’s in Biology, Maths and Further Maths and two A’s in Chemistry & Physics, ---- Spencer will be flying to Harvard University in America today to take up his scholarship in mathematics and science.
- Zandile Powell achieved an A* in History & A in Philosophy & Ethics and A* in her Extended Project Qualification and will take up her previously secured place at Cambridge University.
- National Award winning composer Josh Urban achieved 3 B’s in Music, Fine Art and Media Studies as well as in his Extended Project and will go on to study musical composition at the Northern Conservatoire in Manchester.
- Jess Sisley achieve an A* in Sociology, an A in English and C in History and will be taking her place at Sussex University to study history and politics.
- Nathaniel Richards: B in Photography A level, Distinction * Photography BTEC & Cambridge Technical in ICT – he will be teaching photography in France before taking his place at Lincoln University.
Jim Coupe, Principal of Shoreham Academy said:
“I couldn’t be more proud of our incredible Sixth Formers at Shoreham Academy. They have worked so hard to achieve these great results. These are the best results yet showing that Shoreham Academy continues to improve.”
Kieran Felton, Head of Sixth Form said:
“I am delighted with the Sixth Formers & staff at Shoreham Academy – It is incredibly rewarding to be part of such a successful journey. The successful results have been achieved because of strong academic ethos, hard work, determination and ambition to aspire for the very best”.
Spencer Pescod - "I am really pleased, picking up my results on the way to the airport to fly to America and studying at Harvard. I can’t wait!”
Lauren Payne - "I cried when I opened my envelope, I was so happy. My mum is probably going to faint when she sees my grades; I did not expect an A* in English Literature; I am going to study English Literature and Philosophy at Royal Holloway in London."
Nathaniel Richards- "Wow, thank you Shoreham academy, I could not have done it without the help of my mentors and teachers, to come out with A*, one A and B – I am delighted.
Matt Randall: “I am astounded by my success and really appreciate all the help that Shoreham Academy has given me over the years”