Students at William Hulme’s Grammar School are celebrating receiving an excellent set of A Level results today. These included many strong individual successes, as well as improvements across the whole of the Sixth Form.
The number of A Level entries at the school achieving A* to B grades was 45%, an increase on last year, with 13% of entries gaining the top A*-A grades. The overall pass rate was an impressive 99%.
Importantly, the majority of entries across the cohort were for rigorous academic qualifications favoured by the best universities, with a very high percentage of students successfully going on to study STEM subjects at university. For a number of the Sixth Formers, they will be the first in their family to go onto Higher Education.
Among the individual success stories were:
- Britney Nhumaio achieved A grades in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics. She is going on to study Medicine at the University of Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- Nomair Ahmed achieved an A* grade in Mathematics, an A grade in Computing and B grade in Physics. He is going on to study Computer Science at the University of Manchester
- Max Corr achieved A* grades in History and Politics and an A grade in Religious Studies. He is going on to study Philosophy and Politics at the University of Leeds
- Mariajacky Mirembe achieved A grades in Mathematics and Economics and a C grade in Physics. She is going on to study Aviation Technology with Pilot Studies at the University of Leeds
- Awais Rafique achieved A grades in Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. He is going on to study Mechanical Engineering at the University of Manchester
- Sai Sambaraju achieved an A* grade in Mathematics and A grades in Computing and Physics. He is going on to study Computer Systems Engineering at the University of Manchester
- Millie Sandford achieved A grades in Mathematics, Physics and Biology. She is going on to study Mechanical Engineering at university
- Mohamed Tolba achieved A grades in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. He is going on to study Electronics and Electrical Engineering at the University of Manchester
- Michal Guzy achieved B grades in Mathematics and Computing and a C grade in Chemistry. He is going on to study Software Engineering with a Digital Technology Partnership (with Price Waterhouse Cooper) at Queen’s University, Belfast
Peter Mulholland, Principal of William Hulme’s Grammar School, said:
“I am delighted for our Sixth Form students, who are celebrating some excellent results today. In particular, it is fantastic to see so many of them achieving the grades they need to secure the university place of their choice and take the first steps towards the careers to which they aspire.
“Importantly, this high achievement in the Sixth Form cascades down throughout our school, encouraging younger students to believe in their own ability and demonstrating what hard work can achieve. Our Sixth Formers can take great pride in their results, as can our staff who work closely with each of them and are always on hand to give them the extra support they need to push themselves that bit further.
“We look forward to welcoming a new cohort into our superb new Sixth Form Centre this September – both those that come up through our school and those joining us from all over Greater Manchester. I know that these results and destinations will set a strong example for them, inspiring them to strive for equally high standards and aim for even better outcomes in the future.”