Students at Walthamstow Academy are today celebrating their A Level results and taking up places at some of the country’s top universities.
39% of results were awarded A*-B and 70% A*-C thus ensuring students are able to continue to access some of the country’s top degree courses.
Those celebrating include:
- Leah Thomas who achieved an A and 2 Bs and is going to study Law at Kings College, University of London. She said:
“For as long as I can imagine I’ve wanted this and finally after years of hard work, I can now say I’ve reached it. It feels amazing to make people proud. To study law was my dream and now I’m on my way.”
- Humza Awan who is going to study medicine at Kings College, University of London. He said:
“I am still in shock, that I am going to my dream university to study medicine. I have wanted this for as long as I can remember and I can’t believe it’s finally happening. I have been at this school for 7 years and I am grateful to Walthamstow Academy for making me the person I am today.”
- Tommy Quinga Pujota who achieved triple Distinction* and a C in Spanish, and is going to Queen Mary College, University of London, to study Spanish and Business. He said:
“First of all I want to say thank you to all my teachers and my parents for being there for me in crucial times. I’m very grateful to have attended Walthamstow Academy as I wouldn’t be where I am today because of that. Now I’m heading for a new chapter in my life, hoping for more challenges and adventures.
“I was always encouraged by my teachers not to give up. I have worked hard and now I am going to study Spanish and Business at Queen Mary University which is wonderful!”
- Josh Iton, the Academy’s Head Boy, achieved double Distinction* in BTEC Sport and a C in Psychology, and is going to Middlesex University to study Sports and Exercise Science . He said:
“My 7 years at Walthamstow Academy have truly been a very special chapter in my life. I have learnt so much here from so many different people and this has enabled me to gain a great amount of knowledge”.
- Saydul Islam achieved A, B, B and is going to Kings College, University of London to study Pharmacology. Saydul said:
“I’m extremely happy with all the help and resources the teachers have provided me with. It feels amazing to see all my hard work and efforts pay off so well”
Congratulating students, Emma Skae, Principal of Walthamstow Academy said:
“I am very pleased for all those students who are celebrating today and going on to their universities of choice. Each year we continue to build links with some of the country’s best universities and it is particularly pleasing to see students going on to study subjects such as Medicine and Law.
“Talking to the students today , it is lovely to share their excitement about their futures and to hear from them how big a difference attending Walthamstow Academy has made to their aspirations and ambitions for their lives”.