Fourth Oxbridge success for academy
Students and staff at Northampton Academy are celebrating their A Level success this morning with excellent individual results securing places at prestigious universities across the country.
Eddie Atonga becomes the academy’s fourth student to get into Oxbridge and, with his A* and 3 As grades, will now study Physics at University College, Oxford.
Over 20% of students will be taking up places at Russell Group universities including University College, Kings College and Queen Mary’s College, London, Warwick, Leeds, Birmingham, and Nottingham University.
Across the Sixth Form there were some excellent results including:
- Rhianna Coe who achieved A*A*A and is going to study Maths at Leeds University;
- Boateng Opuk-Yeboah who achieved AAB and is going to Southampton University to study Aeronautics;
- Bryan Obonyo who achieved A*AB and is going to Birmingham University to study Economics;
- Annecia Baronette who achieved ABB and is going to Newcastle University to study Law;
- Clara Hosu who achieved A*AB and is going to Warwick University to study Law.
Anne Hill, Principal of Northampton Academy, said:
“We are delighted for all our students who are celebrating their results this morning. There are some excellent individual results which mean that we will be continuing the academy’s track record of sending students to the most prestigious universities to study for the most challenging degrees.
“We pride ourselves in having a Sixth Form at Northampton Academy that gives each student the opportunity to push themselves to reach their full potential. We work closely with each student so today is also extremely gratifying for the staff who have taught them over their time here and I would like to thank all my colleagues for their excellent hard work.”