GCSE success at Kettering Buccleuch Academy
Today, students and staff at Kettering Buccleuch Academy are celebrating after receiving another strong set of GCSE results.
These showed that 77% of students achieved a grade 4 or above in English and 58% achieved the higher grade 5 or above in the same subject. In maths, students also performed well with 72% achieving a grade 4 or above and 52% achieving a grade 5 or above.
The academy also saw a strong performance in science, where 68% of students achieved two grade 4s or above and 56% achieved two grade 5s or above. Of these students, four attained three of the highest grade 9s in separate sciences.
In every measure, students at the academy have out-performed its previous best results with some excellent individual successes including:
- Esele Okondo, who achieved seven 9s, one A*, one 8, one 7 and one D*;
- Lavan Vickneswaran, who achieved six 9s, one 8, one A and three 7s;
- Frankjel Hernandez, who achieved six 9s, one A*, one 8, one 7, one 5 and one D*;
- Luke Bagshaw, who achieved four 9s, three 8s, one A, two 7s and one 6;
- Uday Singh, who achieved four 9s, one A*, two 8s, two 7s and one D*;
- Ezra Lewis, who achieved four 9s, one A*, two 7s, two 6s, one 5 and one D2;
- Megan Miller, who achieved four 9s, three 7s, one five and one D*;
- Bethany Courtney, who achieved three 9s, three 8s and three 7s;
- Chloe Anderson, who achieved seven 8s, one A, two 7s and one D*.
Dino Di Salvo, Principal of Kettering Buccleuch Academy, said:
“I am extremely pleased with the performance of our students today. We have made significant improvement on last year’s good results and have achieved our highest-ever grades across the board.
“Those celebrating today will now be able to join our Sixth Form where last week we also achieved some excellent results. I’d like to congratulate all our students celebrating today but also the staff who have supported them throughout the year.
“We are never complacent at KBA and look forward to building on this success next year”.