Over half the A Level grades were awarded A*-B grades; some 57% of all the exams taken.
Emma-Kate-Henry, Principal of Hampshire Collegiate School, said:
"I am thrilled with the fact that the students have achieved the results required to be accepted on to a wide range of courses at excellent Universities and courses. Our pupils and staff should be very proud. These grades demonstrate the demonstrate the additional focus we have been placing on A Level success in recent years that builds upon our existing excellent reputation for pastoral and individual pupil support. Our aim at Hampshire Collegiate is to give our pupils the resilience and skills to succeed in their adult lives calmly, confidently and creatively."
The A level results follow a successful ISI inspection last academic year where the inspectors noted that the school ‘fulfils its aim to provide a collaborative and encouraging environment… and that Enthusiastic and passionate teaching enables pupils of all ages and abilities to enjoy their work and make good progress’.
Amidst the whole-school success, some notable individual achievements stood out, including:
- Emily-Kate Stuart, who achieved A*, A, A in English Literature, French and Drama and Theatre Studies and is going on to read English at King’s College, London
- Maria Naguib who achieved A, B, B in Geography, Physics and Biology having studied AS and A2 Geography in one year. Maria is intending to head to the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management in Dubai, having been awarded a significant scholarship for entry
- Annie He was awarded A*, A, B, B in Art and Design, Photography, English Literature and Chinese and is heading off to the world leading Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts, London
- Jonathan Hughes achieved A*, A, A , B in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Further Maths and will read Natural Sciences at Leeds
- Michelle Ku – A, B, B, B in Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Chinese - Michelle will be studying Radiotherapy and Oncology at City University
- Hannah Bolam was awarded A, B, B in English Literature, Drama and History in order to read Drama at Birmingham University