62% of students achieved five or more A* to C grades including 4 or above in both English and maths – up from last year. 44% of students also achieved the new grade 5 or above in both English and maths.
Among the academy’s top performers were twins Leia and Leilani Willis who both achieved A*s in the three sciences – biology, chemistry and physics. Overall, Leia achieved six A*s and two of the brand new top ‘9’ grades, whilst Leilani gained five A*s , one A and two grade 8s.
Other notable individual successes included:
- Daisy Walker who achieved grade 9s in both English Language and Literature;
- Catalina Creanga who achieved two grade 8s and a 9 as well as two A*s.
- Kieron Mason who achieved a grade 9 in maths and grade 8 in English Literature;
- Muhammed Ramish who achieved 8s in English Literature and maths and A grades in geography and Financial Certificate;
- Henry Taylor achieved a grade 8 in maths and two As and an A* in triple science;
- Ryan Brown who achieved As in Spanish, PE and science and an 8 in English.
Nat Parnell, Principal of Northampton Academy, said:
“I am thrilled with these results which are our best ever by some margin. They are testament to our students’ dedication over the past two years and prove what hard work can achieve. Likewise, these results would not have been possible were it not for the efforts of our staff team who go above and beyond to support our students.
“I am pleased that the vast majority of students will now be joining our academic Sixth Form in September. As last week’s A Level results show, our students are increasingly going on to the universities of their choice, including those in the Russell Group. I look forward to our Year 11s replicating this summer’s success as they begin their A Levels.”