Barnsley Academy's Students Enjoy GCSE Celebrations
The school’s top five performers achieve 32 grade 9s between them
Students and staff at Barnsley Academy are celebrating today as GCSE results are released. This year, a number of students have achieved some excellent results across a range of subjects.
Amongst those students celebrating particular successes are five Year 11s who, between them, achieved an impressive 32 grade 9s – the highest possible award.
These students include:
- Hazel Garg, who achieved eight grade 9s and two grade 8s;
- Vishnujan Jeevaharan, who achieved seven grade 9s and three grade 8s;
- Drew Leonard, who achieved seven grade 9s, two grade 8s and one grade 7;
- Krystyna Pasik, who achieved five grade 9s, five grade 8s and one grade 7;
- Tyler Jeffreys, who achieved five grade 9s, three grade 8s and two grade 7s.
Naveed Khan, Principal at Barnsley Academy, said:
“Congratulations to all our Year 11s receiving GCSE results today. Given the disruption to their learning caused by the pandemic, we are very proud of the way these students dedicated themselves to their studies and demonstrated real grit and determination to achieve well.
“In particular, we have had some fantastic individual student performances which will open up some excellent opportunities for them as they take their next steps into Sixth Form and beyond. Our students have been supported brilliantly by staff in recent years, who also deserve recognition and thanks for their part in today’s achievements.”