Students at Glenmoor & Winton Academies are today celebrating receiving their GCSE results. Overall, 62% the Federation’s students achieved five or more GCSEs at grades A*-C including English and maths.
Within this, Glenmoor School achieved its best ever GCSE results, which climbed a substantial seven percentage points to 69% of students earning at least five A*-Cs including English and maths.
A number of notable individual successes stood out at both schools, including:
- Rimesha Hameed, who achieved an excellent 5A*s and 6As;
- Hiu Man Cheng with 3A*s, 2As and 6Bs;
- Chengyan Zhang’s 3A*s, 7As and 5B;
- Louise Eley who earned 1A* and 9As;
- Amy Cieciura’s 1A* and 9As;
- Katherine Long with 8As and 3Bs;
- Declan Wong’s 1A*s, 7As and 6Bs;
- Benjamin Joyner with 1A*, 7As and 4Bs;
- Tony Shek’s 2A*s, 4As, 4Bs.
Ben Antell, Head of Schools at Glenmoor & Winton, said:
‘Congratulations to our students and staff on exceeding GCSE expectations for a third consecutive year. These results will allow our students to progress successfully onto their chosen post-16 courses and there are a number of outstanding sets of grades which warrant particular praise and recognition.’
Ben Parnell, Executive Principal of Glenmoor & Winton, said:
‘As we celebrate our GCSE results today, we would like to thank students, families and teachers for all their hard work, commitment and dedication over the past year. Everyone involved with Glenmoor and Winton should be proud of the ongoing success of our schools.’