Students at Lambeth Academy are celebrating a successful set of A Level and vocational results, with many students securing the university places of their choice.
There were strong improvements across the board at the academy’s Sixth Form, with 34% of A Level entries achieving A* to B grades and 62% awarded A* to C grades.
There were a number of notable individual successes, including:
- Maddie Leach, who achieved As in English Literature and Drama and a B in Maths and will be taking up a place at the University of Manchester to study Social Relations;
- Nimco Qasim, who achieved Bs in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology and has been awarded at place at Imperial College London to study Biomedical Sciences;
- Kacper Nowak, who achieved an A in Maths, a B in Physics and a C in Computing and has secured a place at the University of Leeds to study Physics;
- Caleb Thompson, who achieved an A in Maths and Bs in Physics and Chemistry and is going onto the University of Westminster to study Accounting;
- Phoebe Berko, who achieved an A* in Sociology, a B in Psychology and a C in English Literature.
BTEC results were also positive, with a number of students celebrating very strong achievements. Among these were Sahra Hassan, who achieved three Distinction * in Health and Social Care, and Ana Cardosa, who achieved an A in Portuguese A Level and a Distinction * and two Distinctions in Health and Social Care. Both Sahra and Ana are now going onto King’s College London to study Nursing.
Leon Wilson, Executive Principal of Lambeth Academy, said:
“I am very pleased for each Sixth Former who is celebrating their success today and wish all of them well for the future. One of the best features of the Lambeth Academy Sixth Form is that every student is given the personalised support they require to not only choose the appropriate subjects that work best for their interests but also to make the best decisions for the next stage of their lives.”