Students All Set for Russell Group Universities
Students and staff at Lambeth Academy are today celebrating another year of impressive A Level results, with 42% of entries achieving A* to B (up from 32% last year) and 75% rated A*-C (up from 65% last year).
Once again, the Academy is continuing to build its reputation with Russell Group universities with students accepting places on prestigious degree courses this September.
Amongst those celebrating their results and places at Russell Group universities are:
- Sandile Wydler-Manzi who achieved A*AB and will now read Geography at the University of Leeds. Sandile scored 396 out of 400 in A Level Geography which will place him in the top 1% of the country;
- Charis Bartley who achieved 2As and a B will either be going to the University of Bristol or the University of Birmingham to read Political Science;
- Arwel Edmunds who was awarded two As and a B and is going to the University of Leeds to read Physics;
- Said Latreche who has an A and 2Bs and is going to the University of Southampton to read Civil Engineering;
- Kola Adeoye who achieved an A and 3 Bs and is taking up a place at the University of Leeds to read Petroleum Engineering
Congratulating all the students celebrating today, Carol Shepherd, Principal of Lambeth Academy, said:
“Each year we have continued to build the strength of our Sixth Form and encourage students to fulfil their ambitions by applying to the best universities and the most impressive degree courses.
“We now have a firmly established Sixth Form that supports each student throughout their time with us not only to achieve everything they think they can but to go beyond. I congratulate every student celebrating today and would like to thank all our staff for their dedication and commitment to our fabulous Sixth Formers”.