Sixth Form students at North Oxfordshire Academy are today celebrating receiving their A Level results, which saw strong improvements on all key headline measures.
For the academy’s Year 13 cohort:
- The percentage of entries achieving the top grades of A* or A doubled to 17%;
- 45% of entries were graded A*-B, up from 35% last year;
- 71% of entries achieved A*-C, also an increase on 2016’s results;
- There was a 99% pass rate overall.
There were also a number of notable individual successes, including:
- Nathan Moore, A* A* A, Warwick University, Maths and IT
- Dominic Warner, A* A* A* B, Warwick University, Maths
- Camron Smith, A* A* D, Portsmouth University, Maths
- Megan Benham, A B B, Warwick University, English
- Aaron Walker, A A B B, Portsmouth University, Natural Sciences
Sara Billins, Principal of North Oxfordshire Academy, said:
“I am delighted for all our students celebrating today; these results are testament to their hard work, perseverance and ambition over the past two years and so I hope they take pride in what they have achieved.
“In particular, I am pleased that across our Year 13 cohort we have seen an increase in the number of top grades achieved. This means that more and more of our students are successfully going onto study at their first choice universities, including those in the Russell Group.
“I would also like to thank staff at the academy for continuing to go the extra mile in the support they provide our students and always setting high expectations of what can be achieved.”