Students and staff at Northampton Academy are celebrating after students received their GCSE results today.
65% of students achieved a 4 or above in both English and maths according to the government’s new basics measure.
Today’s GCSE results come after last week’s A Level success, where three students at the school achieved 3 A*s in their results – a first for Northampton Academy.
Those celebrating their results today include:
- Sharmarko Mohamed who achieved three 9s, three 8s and two 7s;
- Jaime Decoster-Ryan who achieved one A*, two 9s, two 8s and three 7s;
- Emma Barker who achieved one 9, four 8s and two 7s;
- Prendia Qehija who achieved two 9s, two 8s and one 7.
- Markus Knight was thrilled to achieve three 8s and four 7s
Nat Parnell, Principal of Northampton Academy, said:
“Today’s results complete a strong summer for Northampton Academy. I am delighted for those students who are celebrating today after doing so well in their exams. We are looking forward to welcoming so many of them back in September to join our thriving Sixth Form.
“I know how hard many of our Year 11s have worked to achieve these results. We are known for being a school that really looks after our students, regardless of their starting point, and works with them so that they can reach their full potential. The role of parents and staff in achieving this is very important and I would like to thank both for their significant contribution to the success our students are enjoying today.”