Students and staff at Bacon’s College are celebrating another set of strong A Level results released today, with students securing top university and apprenticeship places.
Overall, 45% of A Level entries achieved A*-B grades and 72% achieved A*-C grades. Outcomes for A Level equivalent vocational courses were likewise very strong with 92% of all grades at Distinction or Distinction*.
In addition, there were a number of notable individual successes, including:
• Simon Canniffe: Chemistry (A*); Mathematics (A*); Physics (A*). Simon has secured a place at the University of Cambridge to read Chemical Engineering.
• Jasmine Atkinson: Art (A); Media Studies (A); English Language (C). Jasmine will be studying visual communication at The Ravensbourne University, London.
• Katie Downing: Art (A); Media Studies (A); English Language (C). Katie will be studying illustration at The University of Arts, London.
• Daisy-Jo Palmer: Textiles (A); CTEC Media (Double Distinction*). Daisy-Jo will be starting a degree-level apprenticeship in digital marketing.
• Arjun Patel: Physics (A); Business Studies (B); Mathematics (B). Arjun has accepted a place at the University of Liverpool to read Physics.
• Mohammed Rahman: Chemistry (A); Mathematics (A); Biology (B). Mohammed has accepted a place at King’s College London to read Chemistry.
• Miryam Greco: Spanish (A); Italian (B); CTEC Media (Double Distinction*). Miryam has been offered a post as a school languages assistant.
• Alessandro Canonico: Graphics (A); Art (B); CTec Media (Double Distinction*). Alessandro will be going to Bournemouth University to study visual effects.
Hakeem Ahmed, outgoing Head Boy, said:
“It’s been a pleasure spending seven years at Bacon’s College and taking on a leadership role. Throughout this time the staff have helped so much to shape me into a young man ready for the world of law.”
Media student Elizabeth Agyemang said:
“Being at Bacon’s has really helped me realise my full potential and prepare me to dive into my future in the media industry.”
James Wilson, Principal of Bacon’s College, said:
“I’d like to congratulate all our students who are celebrating their results today. With these qualifications, they will now be able to go their chosen universities and colleges or take up apprenticeships in key careers.
“As a Headteacher, it is always particularly pleasing to see students fulfil their potential and celebrate success in their final exams. Many staff at the College have worked with these students since they joined us in Year 7 and so it is a pleasure for them to see how these young people have matured and grown in their confidence and ambition during their time here.”