Students at The Hurlingham Academy are today celebrating receiving their GCSE results. 50% of students achieved five or more A* to C grade GCSEs – an increase of 8 percentage points on last summer’s results.
There were some excellent individual successes, including:
- Donald Harmit, 11 A*-C, including 10 A*/A
- Elgi Gashi, 11 A*-B, including 10 A*/A.
- Saskia Dakin-Chery, 11 A*-C, including 8 A*/A.
- Zen Erasmus, 12 A*-C, including 7 A*/A.
- Santiago Cerro, 12 A*-C, including 6 A*/A.
- Anisa Khan, 11 A*-C, including 6 A*/A.
- Leonardo Parrado, 11 A*-B, including 6 A*/A
Ben Parnell, Executive Principal of The Hurlingham Academy, said:
“I would like to congratulate students and staff on these strong results, which are a fitting reward for all the hard work that I know everyone at the academy has put into achieving them.
“Since the school joined United Learning in January this year, we have put in place a series of initiatives to drive improvement and raise standards. This summer’s increase in the number of students achieving five or more A* to C grades is proof that we are on the right track. With our new senior leadership team in post from September, I look forward to seeing The Hurlingham Academy go from strength to strength and build on the successes of this year.
“We will be hosting prospective parents at our Open Evening on 24th September – come and see for yourself what The Hurlingham Academy can do for your child.”