Staff, pupils and parents celebrated another strong set of GCSEs this year at Surbiton High School.
Almost 70% of all results were at grade 9-7, with a 100% pass rate and nearly 50% of all pupils achieving one or more grade 9s, with over one-third achieving five or more at grade 9-8.
Particular subject successes have been seen in Design & Technology, Drama, History and Physical Education, with nearly two-thirds of all results at grade 9 or 8. Biology, English Language, English Literature, French, Geography, German, Latin, Mathematics and Spanish saw over one-third of all results at grade 9 or 8.
Pupils will continue to build on their successes within the Sixth Form, as they go on to study a broad range of subjects and benefit from the extensive guidance, teaching and mentoring that the dedicated Sixth Form team provides as well as furthering their life-skills through vast co-curricular, academic and leadership opportunities.
Notable results have been achieved by many pupils, but highlighting just a few demonstrates the Co-curricular activities so many of our pupils undertake whilst also studying:
- Tennis ace, Sally, who is ranked 18th in the country achieved 10.5 GCSEs, with 6.5 at grade 9.
- Evie is a talented Music Scholar, who alongside her musical commitments has also achieved 4 grade 9s and 3.5 8s amongst her 10.5 GCSEs.
- Olivia, a committed Rower for Surbiton High has also achieved 11.5 GCSEs with 8 at grade 9.
- Our twins, Anna and Eloise, achieved 15 grade 9 GCSEs and 5 grade 8s amongst their 23 GCSEs.
- Julia, who gained 11.5 GCSEs at grade 9/A* joins her sisters, Leda and Sara, successes from last week when they achieved 6 As, 1 A* and 1 B at A-level.
Rebecca Glover, Principal, commented: “Congratulations to all our Year 11 pupils on their hard work in achieving great results under the rigorous GCSE exams. Their results conceal the true merits of the broad education that Surbiton High School provides and they move onto the next stage of their education as well-rounded individuals with compassion, discipline and commitment, willing to push their own boundaries. I am proud of them all and look forward to seeing what they can achieve in Sixth Form.”