The Regis School is celebrating today having matched its best ever results of the previous year.
The percentage of students who achieved at least 5 A*-C grades including English and maths remained steady at 46% although the school expects this to rise further following appeals on a number of students who were within 2 marks of a C grade in core subjects. Expected levels of progress also remained broadly in line with last year for both English and maths.
The percentage of A*-G grades rose for the third year running to 97% as did the percentage of students achieving a C grade or above in English which has seen a 13% rise over the last 3 years. The gap between boys and girls narrowed significantly on the 5 A*-C including English and maths measure to 5%, an improvement of 24% on the previous year which was one of the school’s key priorities.
High achieving students include:
- Molly Double: 4A* and 5A grades
- Bethany Terris: 5A*, 3A and 1C grades
- Megan Sheridan: 2A* and 7A grades
- Carley Greenwood: 6A, 2B and 1 C grades
- Connor Gormley: 3A*, 3A, 2B and 1 C grades
- Ryan Spray: 3A*, 3A and 3B grades
- Sania Chowdhury: 1A*, 5As, 1B and 1C grades
- Julia Malinowska: 2A*, 3A, 1B and 1C grades as well as achieving an AS in German
- Kurtis Buck: 1A*, 4A and 4 B grades
- Sam Haddaway: 5A and 3B grades
Mr Garlick, Principal said:
“I congratulate all students and staff on results achieved this year which match the best in the school’s history of the previous year. This is particularly pleasing when we recognise the significant increase in challenge set by exam boards in many subject areas. We look forward to celebrating these results with students, many of whom will stay in our 6th form next year and also look forward to continuing to build on our success in the future.”