Shoreham Academy can report improved results for a fourth consecutive year with more students taking A levels than ever before. Of all grades achieved by students graduating from sixth form 44% were A* or B grades, with an impressive 77% of students achieving A*-C. Results show an 8% improvements on last years A* to C rate in academic subjects.
There were many outstanding individual results:
- Head Boy Luke Fiveash achieved a total of 5 A’s with 3 A*s in Geography, History, & English. Luke is going to read Geography at St Andrews University.
- Spencer Pescott achieved 2 A*’s in Biology, Maths and an A in Chemistry, Spencer will be applying to Cambridge University in the autumn to study Natural Sciences.
- Becca Bashford achieved an A* in English an A in Media Studies, B in Media Studies and a D in Psychology and will go on to study Philosophy and English and Royal Holloway University of London.
- Alice Blayden achieved double Distinction in Health and Social Care, an A* in Fine Art and an A in Textiles and will be going onto art foundation course before pursuing Textiles.
- Olivia Fox achieved Double Distinction in Health & Social Care a distinction in Applied Science and a Distinction * in Travel in Tourism.
Jim Coupe, Principal of Shoreham Academy said;
“I couldn’t be more proud of our incredible Sixth Formers at Shoreham Academy.. They have worked so hard to achieve these great results. These are the best results yet showing that Shoreham Academy continues to improve.”
Kieran Felton, Head of Sixth Form said:
“I am so proud of the Sixth Formers & staff at Shoreham Academy – It is incredibly rewarding to be part of such a successful journey. The successful results have been achieved because of strong academic ethos, hard work, team-work, determination and real ambition to aspire for the very best”.
Student, Becka Bashford, said "My mum is probably going to faint when she sees my grades; I did not expect an A* in English Literature; I am going to study English Literature and Philosophy at Royal Holloway in London."
Sophie Coburn explained "I am really pleased; all my hard work paid off; going to undertake an internship in parliament then go on to study journalism."
Head Boy, Luke Fiveash was also pleased. "Wow, thank you Shoreham Academy, I could not have done this without the support of my teachers; I am going to St Andrews to study Geography."