The percentage of top A*-B grades was 8% above target at 35% and the percentage of A*-C grades were up 1% at 71%. Students achieved equally well in academic and vocational subjects against challenging targets with notable subjects including English, Maths, Textiles and Sport. Performing Arts had greatest success with all students achieving A*.
At AS level there were jumps of at least 15% on the same key measures compared to the previous year showing significant accelerated progress across most subjects.
At A2, students of note include:
- Holly Capper, achieving A* Science, A* Textiles and A Product Design who is going to Portsmouth University to study Architecture;
- Ed Steins, achieving A* Maths, A English and B Further Maths who is going to Birmingham University to study Computer Science;
- Sam Ricketts, achieving A* Science, A Product Design and B Business who is going to Nottingham Trent University to study Law with Business.
At AS, students of note include:
- Katie Green who achieved 5 A grades in Maths, Chemistry, Biology, History and EPQ;
- Reece Mears who also achieved 5 A grades in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and EPQ.
Mrs Hook, Head of 6th form, said:
“I am very pleased with our results this year. We have more students than ever passing with good grades enabling them to go to universities of their choice, into excellent apprenticeships or good jobs. I am very proud of their successes, congratulate them for all their hard work and wish them well in their future careers.
Mr Garlick, Principal, said:
“Our results show continued strength across subjects and I congratulate students and staff for their hard work. I wish those students leaving us the very best for their futures and look forward to continued year on year successes for the future.”